Benefits Open Enrollment
Benefits Open Enrollment
Iowa State University recognizes County Paid Extension employees have different needs. We offer a benefit program that will allow you to choose between different benefit options to design the benefit plan that is right for you.
The 2024 Open Enrollment Period:
Opens: Tuesday, November 1, 2023 at 8:00am
Closes: Friday, November 17 2023 at 5:00pm
Submit Open Enrollment Forms by: 12:00pm Thursday, November 16, 2023
Open Enrollment is the time of year when you have an opportunity to elect or change your benefits for plan year 2024. Even if you are not planning to change your benefit elections, it is a great opportunity to review your benefits and dependents. It is the County Paid Extension employee's responsibility to be aware of open enrollment and to review benefit elections and eligible dependents.
2024 Benefit Changes
- Total medical monthly premiums are increasing
- Total dental monthly premiums are increasing
- Medical plan design changes to copays, deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximums
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account - 2023 annual maximum limit is $3,050 (IRS has not released the 2024 limits)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account - 2023 carryover limit $610
- No changes to pharmacy plan design for plan year 2024
- No changes to dental plan design for plan year 2024
- Dependent Care Assistance Program - annual maximum limit remains at $5,000
Meetings with Benefits Office Staff
If you have questions or would like to meet with a Benefits Office staff member, please call 515-294-4800 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. We can hold virtual or in-person meetings. We anticipate a high volume of calls in November, so please be patient and leave a message. We will work to return calls as quickly as possible.
What Should I Do During Open Enrollment?
- Review benefit plans, make changes and confirm dependent eligibility
- Complete Open Enrollment Form to make any changes for the 2024 Plan Year
- Dependent documentation required - be prepared to submit copies of the following:
- If adding spouse - copy of marriage certificate plus one additional document verifying same residence
- If adding domestic partner - Declaration of Domestic Partnership form (available from your HR contact person) plus one additional document verifying same residence
- If adding children - copy of birth certificate
- Flexible Spending Accounts must be re-elected every year; your current year election will not carry over to the new plan year
- No changes will be allowed after 5 p.m. on November 17, 2023
When Do Changes Become Effective?
- January 1, 2024 – Medical, Dental, Health Care Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance Program
- No changes will be allowed for forms received after November 17, 2023
This webpage is not a complete description of the Iowa State University benefit plans. Nothing on this webpage supersedes or changes any of the terms and conditions of any plan documents, insurance policies, contracts or other legal agreements. If the wording on this webpage contradicts any plan documents, insurance policies, contracts or other legal agreements, the wording in the official document and agreements will govern.